Yuneec has created a 4K version of their Q500 Typhoon. This drone is equipped with a CGO3 4K camera, which is backed by a three-axis gimbal. The CGO3 has an ultra-high definition (UHD) resolution, which is four times higher than HD. This allows you to capture 4K video at 30fps, in addition to 1080p 120fps slow motion films. Furthermore, the CGO3 is capable of shooting 12 megapixel images.
- Three-axis precision gimbal camera integrated
- Captures 4K/30fps ultra high definition video
- Shoots 1080p/120fps slow motion video
- 12 megapixel photos with no-distortion lens
- Personal ground station with built-in touchscreen
- Adjust video resolution, white balance and exposure
- Handheld SteadyGrip to capture ground footage
- Aluminium case
Watch and Follow Me Functions:
- The 4K Q500 also includes a Watch Me mode. In this mode, the camera will always face in the direction of the transmitter and therefore towards you. Thus, the camera will always be centred on you, regardless of what the drone is doing in the air. The Follow Me mode (as the name suggests) enables the drone to follow you anywhere you go. The Go Home function, similar to that seen in the 350 QX3, whereby the Q500 will return to the area where you are located and land automatically. There is also Smart Mode, where the quadcopter will move in the direction the right-hand control stick is pointed relative to you, the pilot. This occurs irrespective of the direction the front/nose is facing.
Outstanding FPV Transmitter:
- These great features are complemented by Yuneec’s ST10+ transmitter (included in the combo). The radio comes with a large Android-operated 5.5” touchscreen. It also offers FPV functionality, telemetry data display and low battery warning feedback (visual and tactile). Additionally, the transmitter comes with a proportional control rate slider, which sets the overall climb, descend and directional control rates. If you are a first-time pilot, never fear. You can easily use the “Turtle Mode” position to access the lowest control rates (you can then switch the Q500 to the advanced “Rabbit Mode” when you feel ready). There is also a simple “press to record” feature, whereby you can push the Video button to start and stop recording during flight and the Camera button to capture still images. You can even set the camera’s pitch and tilt using a slider on the left-hand-side of the transmitter.
Control the Drone Camera from Your Phone:
- With the CGO3 app (available for iOS only), you can have complete control over the Q500’s camera. Not only can you shoot photos and film, you also have access to a wide variety of camera settings. This includes frame rates for 4K and 1080p resolutions. Various colour settings are also available. The app allows you to adjust the white balance, access manual ISO settings and adjust the shutter speed. You can also adjust the camera to suit daylight, fluorescent, incandescent and cloudy light environments. Not to mention, the FPV functionality is also accessible on your iOS device, which is a handy feature given that the Q500 comes with a ProAction SteadyGrip.
4K Ground Footage with Included SteadyGrip:
- Yuneec have also included their ProAction SteadyGrip, so you can utilise the gimbal camera on the ground as well as the sky. Best of all, it will only take you around 7 seconds to switch the gimbal camera from the drone to the SteadyGrip. With the CGO app on your smartphone, you will then be able to view your ground footage in real-time, in addition to controlling the camera’s operation.
Furthermore, Yuneec have included a USB dongle allowing you to access the latest firmware updates. Combined with their free PC programming interface, you will find that monitoring systems, adjusting sensors and calibrating sensors is a very straightforward procedure.
The Q500 4K comes ready-to-fly with everything you need included in the box, including two batteries and an aluminium case.