The Traxxas TRX-4 Tactical Unit is a rapid-response vehicle designed to charge into practically any situation, emerging unscathed and ready for the next fun adventure. In town, it powers over curbs, storms into puddles, and crawls through the deepest potholes. When the road ends, mud, rocks, and streams are easily conquered by this all-terrain machine. The Tactical Unit shares the same highly innovative features and capability of the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler, but includes a rugged, lightweight tactical body for increased agility. Where other trucks fear to go, the Tactical Unit charges ahead full throttle!
TRX-4 Tactical Unit
The secret to the Tactical Unit's extreme all-terrain capability lies underneath its tough camouflaged body. Exclusive portal axles deliver maximum ground clearance and virtually eliminate torque twist. Remotely-actuated front and rear differentials unlock for all-out speed and lock for rock-gripping traction on treacherous surfaces. The high/low range transmission transforms the Titan motor’s power into incredible torque in low gear or blazing speed in high gear. Built the Traxxas way, the Tactical Unit is tough, powerful, and ready to take on your wildest adventures.
Remote Locking Differentials
Traxxas gives you the versatility to lock and unlock the front and rear differentials to suit your driving needs directly from your transmitter. Leave the differentials unlocked for relaxed driving on the trail with smooth, tight turning and better handling at high speeds. When the trail gets technical, lock the front and rear differentials, or just the front, for superior grip over extreme terrain. Sleeved micro cables control the differential action for scale appearance, without limiting the huge suspension articulation.
Hi/Low Range Transmission
When the going gets tough, use your transmitter to shift into low range for incredible 4-wheel drive pulling torque. Shift into high range for blasting down the trail. The plush suspension design absorbs rough terrain with ease and delivers outstanding scale appearance. Unmatched versatility makes the TRX-4 Tactical Unit adaptable to just about any situation or driving style.
Traxxas was the first to bring you fully waterproof RC vehicles years ago with our innovative designs. The TRX-4 Tactical Unit is fully waterproof for how you like to really play, not “splash resistant.” There is a big difference. Traxxas’ patented innovation gives you the freedom to tackle creeks, snow, and mud without worrying about water in your electronics
3S Power System
The new XL-5 HV electronic speed control brings 3S LiPo capability for stronger, more efficient running. New speed control profiles have been added for smooth and precise control. A new Trail profile facilitates smooth driving for most of your adventures, while a new Crawl profile introduces hill hold and instant reverse for extremely technical courses. Either will help you navigate obstacles with ease, right from the start. Long run times, up to 2 hours, are possible with a Traxxas 3S 5000mAh iD LiPo battery pack!TRX-4 Tactical Unit.
- Length: 23.07 inches (586mm)
- Front Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
- Rear Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.14 inches (80mm)
- Weight: 6.9lb (3.129kg)
- Height: 9.92 inches (252mm)
- Wheelbase: 12.75 inches (324mm)
- Approach Angle: 53.17°
- Departure Angle: 41.67°
- Breakover Angle: 56.97°
- Front Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
- Rear Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
- Front Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
- Rear Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
- Front Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
- Rear Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
- Hex Size: 12mm
- Speed Control: XL-5 HV
- Motor (electric): 21T Reverse Rotation
- Transmission: 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting
- Gear Pitch: 32P
- Differential Type: 4 Gear, Remote Locking
- Chassis Structure / Material: Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
- Brake Type: Electronic “Hill Hold”
- Drive System: Shaft Driven 4WD
- Steering: Chassis Mounted Servo
- Servo: 2075X Metal Gear
- Transmitter: TQi 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter
- Receiver: 6533
- Skill Level: 2
- Battery Tray: 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
What’s In The Box:
- TRX-4 Tactical Unit, Ready-To-Race® model
- XL-5 HV waterproof electronic speed control
- Titan™ 21T reverse rotation motor
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system with cruise control
- High quality maintenance tools
What You’ll Need:
- Tactical Unit accepts a wide variety of NiMH (4–7 cell) and LiPo (2s–3s) batteries.
- Traxxas EZ-Peak Live charger is recommended for easy and fast charging performance (model #2971).
- AA Alkaline Batteries
- Four AA alkaline batteries for the transmitter.